This fund supports current and former Batshaw Centres youths in their quest to acquire post-secondary education or job-training.
Youths in difficulty as a group have lower scholastic achievement than the general population, which can contribute to an intergenerational cycle of 'inherited' vulnerability and marginalization. Post-secondary education or job skills training can contribute to breaking that cycle.
Youths who have been in care generally have very little or no family support to sustain the expense and psychological effort of pursuing a post-secondary education. An outside source of financial support can be helpful.
CN Scholarship Fund
You may be eligible for The CN Scholarship Fund which is dedicated to funding higher education in the fields of engineering, environmental sciences, urban studies, business studies and other programs relevant to CN's Community Engagement Program.
Following are the institutions and programs where students who were granted scholarships were enrolled:
- Concordia University (Arts, Social Work, Family Life Education, Nursing);
- McGill University (Arts, Science, Education);
- Université de Montréal (Architecture);
- University of Toronto (Social Science);
- Dawson College (Commerce, Social Science);
- Vanier College (Social Science, Psychology, Health Science, Early Childhood Education)
- John Abbott College (Social Science, Police Technology, Creative Arts, Literature and Languages);
- Champlain College (Science);
- Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne (Arts visuels);
- Vocational training (professional cooking, computer support, cosmetology, safety and security).
Click on the icon below to access the Scholarship Application Form
"I want to thank the organization for believing in me and helping me with my studies. I am now completing my second year of nursing. After this semester’s final exam I have one more year of nursing and then I’ll officially be a registered nurse! I’m currently looking for a part time job. Because I don’t have a job at the moment the scholarship is incredibly useful to pay for my school fees. Thank you for all your help."